Monday, June 23, 2008

Stinging Neddle and A Stinky Lake

Last Wednesday (6/18) after work, Anders, Eric, and some people from the ward and I embarked upon an adventure in the Palo Alto hills. Anders claimed he had been to Felt Lake before, but didn't remember how to get us there. At first we parked by a grove of trees and tromped through bushes and branches towards this hidden and private lake. Several of us were in flip-fops and not prepared for this bush-whacking. Many of those bushes turned out to be stinging neddle. It scraped against both my legs and arms and I know I wasn't the only lucky one to brush against it. Wow- that stuff really does burn!
We finally stumbled out of the forest and back to the car. I was ready to call it quits and head back home, but those boys wanted to get their jump in. We drove around and parked at the Arastadero Preserve and hiked about a half mile on the trail, then jumped a fence into private property, and hiked probably another half mile to the "lake". There were tons and tons of teeny, tiny frogs everywhere and I'm sure i stepped and killed a lot. It stunk too! The water is stagnant with lots of stuff growing in it. I didn't get in. I wanted to be home early to meet up with Mikey and her friends. I stuck around to watch Anders jump in, then i headed back early.
The tower is pretty high, and the jump gave Anders some good bruises.

No comments: